Sequencing, Finishing and Analysis in the Future Meeting
2013 Meeting Archive
The 2013 Meeting was held on May 29-31, 2013
Areas of emphasis at this meeting included:
- New sequencing technologies (454, illumina, SOLiD, Ion Torrent, MiSeq, PacBio, etc.)
- Draft sequencing strategies (prokaryotes, eukaryotes, metagenomics, single cell, etc.)
- De novo sequencing, re-sequencing, Human seq., RNA seq., metagenomics, etc.
- Whole genome assemblers and integration of next generation data
- De novo assemblers for short reads, hybrid assemblers h
- Recalling and calibrating genome assemblies
- Single cell and metagenomic assemblies
- Finishing systems and pipelines (automated, manual, etc.)
- Next generation finishing tools and technologies
- Human Genomics and genome improvement
- Quality standards for new technologies and mixed data sets
- Single cell / cell sorting and metagenomic finishing
- Genome annotation and pathway identification tools and pipelines
- Comparative genomics, re-sequencing, SNPs, structural variation
- Large scale data management, cloud computing
- Metagenomic analysis
The Sequencing, Finishing and Analysis in the Future meeting is sponsored by Los Alamos National Laboratory and the Department of Energy Joint Genome Institute.
No registration fee is required. Participants need to cover travel costs, hotel and dinner charges. Breakfast, lunch and snacks will be provided.