Sequencing, Finishing and Analysis in the Future Meeting 2009
Areas emphasized at this conference included:
- Eric Green, Scientific Director of NHGRI, Chief of the Genome Technology Branch, & Director of the NISC
- Evan Eichler, Professor of Genome Sciences, Department of Genome Sciences, University of Washington
- Owen White, Professor, Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, University of Maryland
- New sequencing technologies (454, Solexa, SOLiD, Pacific Biosciences, etc.)
- Draft sequencing strategies (prokaryotes, eukaryotes, metagenomics, etc.)
- De novo sequencing, re-sequencing, RNA sequencing, metagenomics, etc.
- Whole genome assemblers and integration of next generation data
- De novo assemblers for short reads
- New basecallers and standardization of qualities
- Metagenomic assemblies
- Finishing systems and pipelines (automated, manual, etc.)
- Next generation finishing tools and technologies
- Quality standards for new technologies and mixed data sets
- Metagenomic finishing
- Genome annotation tools and pipelines
- Genomic pathway identification tools and pipelines
- Comparative genomics, re-sequencing, SNPs, structural variation
- Metagenomic analysis
The Sequencing, Finishing and Analysis in the Future meeting is sponsored by Los Alamos National Laboratory and the Department of Energy Joint Genome Institute.
No registration fee is required.