Sequencing, Finishing and Analysis in the Future Meeting 2010
Areas emphasized at this conference included:
- New sequencing technologies (454, illumina, SOLiD, Helicos, Pacific Biosciences, etc.)
- Draft sequencing strategies (prokaryotes, eukaryotes, metagenomics, single cell, etc.)
- De novo sequencing, re-sequencing, RNA sequencing, metagenomics, etc.
- Whole genome assemblers and integration of next generation data
- De novo assemblers for short reads, hybrid assemblers
- Recalling and calibrating genome assemblies
- Single cell and metagenomic assemblies
- Finishing systems and pipelines (automated, manual, etc.)
- Next generation finishing tools and technologies
- Quality standards for new technologies and mixed data sets
- Single cell / cell sorting and metagenomic finishing
- Genome annotation and pathway identification tools and pipelines
- Comparative genomics, re-sequencing, SNPs, structural variation
- Large scale data management, cloud computing
- Metagenomic analysis
The Sequencing, Finishing and Analysis in the Future meeting is sponsored by Los Alamos National Laboratory and the Department of Energy Joint Genome Institute.
No registration fee is required. Participants need to cover travel costs, hotel and dinner charges. Breakfast, lunch and snacks will be provided.