- Gloria Salazar
- Relocation Office
- (505) 665-4484
- Sher Robinson
- (505) 665-8529
Relocation travel process
Relocation travel will be reimbursed only when the following process is used. This includes relocation travel for new regular hires, term assignment hires, post-doctoral or advance study employees, and long-term visiting staff members. Eligible expenses are paid post-hire only.
- After receiving an offer letter from LANL Human Resources, review the following materials (also to be sent to you from the Relocation Office).
- LANL procedure Relocation Travel TR9004 (pdf) (If you are a long-term visiting staff member, contact the Relocation Office for additional requirements.)
- The applicable relocation travel information guide:
- Relocation Travel FAQs (pdf)
- Relocation Gross Up Calculations Guide (pdf)
- At least 2 to 4 weeks before relocating, contact the Relocation Office to discuss your plans.
- After relocating, hiring on at the Lab, and obtaining a badge, make an appointment with the Relocation Office to review your receipts and complete the applicable reimbursement claim forms.
- The Relocation Office sends the completed reimbursement claim forms and receipts to the Payroll Office for processing and payment.
- The Payroll Office processes the claim based on Federal travel regulations and reimburses the payee.