Los Alamos Computer Science Symposium (LACSS) 2009
When: October 13-14, 2009
Where: La Fonda Hotel, Santa Fe
LACSS is organized by LANL's Center for Advanced Architectures and Usable Supercomputing (CAAUS)
- To serve as a premier international event showcasing research and development in the area of high-performance computing
- To foster strong collaborations between National Labs, academia and industry in the HPC arena
- To promote computer science research that will advance the goals of high-performance computing programs at LANL and elsewhere
- To encourage a strong focus on high-performance computing in the academic computer science community
- To strengthen the relationship between LANL and HPC community
This year LACSS will focus on Data-Intensive Architectures and Applications. The similarities and differences with "traditional" HPC will be explored.
Who should attend:
- Those people engaged in high-performance, scalable computer science and computational science research
- Those collaborating on such research
- Those with a stake or interest in such research
LACSS’09 will consist of invited talks on October 13, and a small set of workshops on October 14. Registration begins at 5:00 p.m. on October 12. A symposium reception will be held the evening of October 13.
Places to Visit in New Mexico