|Date||Speaker||Org/Institution||Host||Title of Presentation|
|1/18/17||Christian Reidys||Virginia Bioinformation Institute||Stephan Eidenbenz||Biocomplexity|
|1/23/17||Tamara Broderick||Massachusetts Institute of Technology||Amy Larson||Fast Quantification of Uncertainty and Robustness with Variational Bayes|
|1/25/17||Phil Ames||Carleton Coffrin||Scalable Modern Security|
|2/1/17||Daniel Tartakovsky||Stanford University||Gowri Srinivasan|
|2/8/17||Yongchao Yang||LANL/Engineering Institute||NSEC|
|3/15/17||Dr. Allon Percus||Claremont Graduate University||Gowri Srinivasan|
|5/3/17||Jonathan Mace||Brown University||Carleton Coffrin|
- Redesigned ISTI website up and running. We encourage readers to explore the ISTI website and send us feedback. Email email@example.com
The Information Science & Technology Institute (ISTI) enables the execution of Laboratory's institutional IS&T pillar through revitalization of technical IS&T areas, recruiting, and retention of IS&T staff. Learn more about ISIT.
We encourage Laboratory staff to contact us for help, advice, or funding for new IS&T initiatives. Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IS&T seminars are usually held Wednesday 3 pm and feature Laboratory-internal and external speakers on IS&T topics. ISTI provides support for external speakers. Send email to email@example.com to nominate a speaker.
Summer schools are educational internship opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students. Visit the summer schools page for more information. ISTI organizes, sponsors, and/or co-sponsors the following summer schools:
- Parallel Computing Research Internship (H. Nam, G. Rockefeller, B. Robey)
- Computer System, Cluster, and Networking Summer Institute (CSCNSI) (C. Connor)
- Co-design School (B. Bergen, C. Junghans)
- Computational Physics Workshop (S. Runnels)
- Data Science School (J. Ahrens, C. Canada)
- Cyber Security School (M. Turcotte, N. Pickett)
- Applied Machine Learning Research Institute (A. Larson, A. Hagberg)
ISTI organizes, sponsors, or co-sponsors Laboratory-led workshops in IS&T areas relevant to the Laboratory's mission. More information on the Workshops page. FY16 workshops include:
- Physics Informed Machine Learning, January 19 – 22, Santa Fe,
- CoDA 2016: Conference on Data Analysis - Exploring Data-Focused Research Across the Department of Energy, March 2 - 4, 2016, Santa Fe
- Data Science and Optimal Learning for Materials Discovery and Design, May 16-18, 2016, Santa Fe, New Mexico
University collaborations in the IS&T area at the Laboratory are intended to build a strong relationships that result in recruiting pipelines, intellectual property and proposal teams for external funding.