Materials Science and Technology
Providing world-leading, innovative, and agile materials science and technology solutions for national security missions.
Search our employee skills database
- Division Leader
- David Teter
- Deputy Division Leader (acting)
- Deniece Korzekwa
- Division Office
- (505) 665-1535
Emphasizing the synergy among materials synthesis, processing, properties, and performance
Materials Science and Technology (MST) serves the nation by
- Delivering core materials science, technology, and hardware essential to ensuring and assessing weapons materials performance;
- Integrating our understanding across materials synthesis, processing, properties, and performance to benefit all endeavors from research to development to component manufacturing;
- Applying fundamental materials expertise to a range of national security needs including nuclear energy, nonproliferation, and global threat reduction;
- Advancing materials discovery science to lay the foundation for new technologies and specialized hardware; and
- Providing user-based materials characterization capabilities.