Earth & Environmental Science
Some of these resources are LANL-only and will require Remote Access.
- The catalog and index to the collections of the National Agricultural Library, as well as a primary public source for world-wide access to agricultural information.
- A global, not-for-profit collaboration bringing together scientific societies, publishers, and libraries to provide access to critical, peer-reviewed research in the biological, ecological, and environmental sciences.
- LANL Electronic Public Reading Room (EPRR)
- Contains LANL documents required for compliance with environmental regulations and permits. Other documents that deal with environmental issues are included in EPRR.
- National Service Center for Environmental Publications
- EPA's premiere publications resource, features more than 7,000 print publications and 26,000 digital titles, all of which are available free of charge to search and retrieve, download, print and/or order.
- Geosciences, geochemistry, geophysics - journal articles, books, maps, conference papers, reports and theses going back to 1693.
- SAO/NASA ADS
- The SAO/NASA Astrophysics Data System (ADS) is a Digital Library portal for researchers in Astronomy and Physics, operated by the Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory (SAO) under a NASA grant. The ADS maintains three bibliographic databases containing more than 9.4 million records: Astronomy and Astrophysics, Physics, and arXiv e-prints
- USGS Publications Warehouse
- Publications from the United States Geological Survey
- Encyclopedia of Earth
- An electronic reference about the Earth, its natural environments, and their interaction with society. The EoE is a free, expert-reviewed collection of content contributed by scholars, professionals, educators, practitioners and other experts who collaborate and review each other's work. The content is presented in a style intended to be useful to students, educators, scholars, professionals, as well as to the general public.
- MIT OpenCourseWare in Earth Sciences
- Free online course materials from MIT
- Data Observation Network for Earth (DataONE) is the foundation of new innovative environmental science through a distributed framework and sustainable cyberinfrastructure that meets the needs of science and society for open, persistent, robust, and secure access to well-described and easily discovered Earth observational data.
- EarthChem is a community-driven effort to facilitate the preservation, discovery, access and visualization of the widest and richest geochemical datasets. EarthChem operates the EarthChem Portal to provide access to geochemical data in distributed databases, topical data collections such as the Deep Lithosphere Dataset, and the Geochemical Resource library as a repository for geochemical datasets and relevant digital objects.
- National Climatic Data Center
- NCDC is the world's largest active archive of weather data. NCDC produces numerous climate publications and responds to data requests from all over the world.
- USGS EROS Data Center
- Earth Resources Observation and Science (EROS) Center is a remotely sensed data management, systems development, and research field center for the U.S. Geological Survey's (USGS) Climate and Land Use Change Mission Area.
- American Geological Institute
- American Geophysical Union (AGU)
- Atmospheric Sciences Modeling Division (ASMD)
- Bellona Foundation
- CIESIN (The Consortium for International Earth Science Information Network)
- Geological Society of America
- NASA Earth Science Office
- National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR)
- New Mexico Bureau of Mines & Mineral Resources
- U.S. Geological Survey
- USGS Cimate Change Research
- Environmental Science & Technology
- Journal of Hazardous Materials
- Water Research
- Atmospheric Environment
- Environmental Health Perspectives
- Water Resources Research
- Science of the Total Environment
- Applied Catalysis A - General
- Remote Sensing of Environment
2012 JCR Science Edition, ranked by total citations, retrieved 8/28/2013.