Journal preprints may only be available via subscription and thus require Remote Access.
- arXiv.org - open access eprints in Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Quantitative Biology, and Statistics
- bioRxiv.org - preprint server for Biology operated by Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory
- INSPIRE - High Energy Physics (HEP) papers updated daily (a collaboration of CERN, DESY, Fermilab, and SLAC)
Online journals often offer preprints at their website. Look for these examples:
- ACS Publications - "Just Accepted Manuscripts" and "Articles ASAP"
- AIP Scitation - "partial" issues
- Elsevier ScienceDirect - "Articles in Press"
- IEEE Xplore - "Early Access"
- IOP (Institute of Physics) - "Open Issue"
- RSC (Royal Society of Chemistry) - "Advance Articles"
- SpringerLink - "Online First"
- Wiley Online Library - "Early View"