Science & Engineering Capabilities
These capabilities are our science and engineering at work for the national security interest in areas from global climate to cyber security, from nonproliferation to new materials, from clean energy solutions to supercomputing.
- Accelerators, Electrodynamics»
- Materials Science»
- Bioscience: Bioenergy, Biosecurity, and Health»
- National Security, Weapons Science»
- Chemical Science»
- High-Energy-Density Plasmas, Fluids»
- Nuclear & Particle Physics, Astrophysics, Cosmology»
- Earth, Space Sciences»
- Information Science, Computing, Applied Math»
- Sensors, Instrumentation Systems»
The researchers created a model that can predict the plasma flux environment at geosynchronous orbit in response to rapid changes in geomagnetic and solar activity.