New-Hire Process for Foreign Nationals
- (505) 667-4451, Option 6
Before you begin work, review following guidance and complete outlined steps
The new-hire process, including the official pre-arrival period, does not begin until you receive and accept your written offer letter.
New Employee App
For your convenience, download the New Employee App from iTunes (IOS devices) or Google Play (Android devices). You can access new hire information along with many other features such as an interactive checklist of items to gather and prepare to bring to your New Hire Orientation.
Badging and REAL ID Requirements
Effective Nov. 3, 2014, the Laboratory will implement requirements of the REAL ID Act.
- Lab organizations should be aware that visitors, employees, or subcontractors needing to access LANL facilities may be impacted by new access control procedures
- Only driver’s licenses or ID cards from states that meet federal standards will be honored
- The state of New Mexico is REAL ID compliant
- To check the status of jurisdictions that do not meet the standards, visit REAL ID Enforcement in Brief at the Dept. of Homeland Security
- The LANL Badge Office accepts other forms of government-issued ID, including federal employee badges, passports, military identification cards, or Enhanced Driver's Licenses
- If individuals do not have acceptable ID, they will NOT be able to get a Lab-issued badge
Contact Jenni Martinez in the Badge Office with questions: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 667-5587.