From 5.5 to 6.1, 2008:
From 6.1 to 6.2, early 2009:
* Fixed a bug that sometimes scrambled the order of headers in ip files. The variable names will now always match up with the numbers.
* Fixed some bugs involving use of multiple user-defined gases and/or solids.
* Allowed cancellation from an incremental-plot run that gets lost, and added a "rewind from incremental plot" feature so you can click on any point in the graph of an incremental plot and go to that state immediately.
* Improved "schematic" display, even including a phasor display in it.
* Added MIXT** segments, having simultaneous nonzero dTm / dx and dnL / dx (for those who want to do mixture separation in a temperature gradient).
* Allowed better incremental plotting with interlinked models.
* Added a new chapter to the Users Guide, "Good Design Habits."
* Fixed lots of little problems and annoyances that we hope non-Los Alamos users never encountered!
From 6.2 to 6.3, early 2012:
* New state-plot features: magnitude and phase of p1 and U1 phasors, in addition to real and imaginary parts. Similarly, display Z=p1/U1. Also segEndMarks shows ranges for what would otherwise be overlapping numbers. Also log axes.
* Improved MasterPlot (incremental plotting with multiple, linked models).
* Improved Schematic View, including phasors.
* Added more flexibility and user control to target "normalization mode," to help target convergence in some models.
* Improved compatibility with Windows Vista and 7.
* New appearance and behavior of printing.
* Increased pathname length allowed for BLKDATA segments.
* Improved warnings about guesses preceding targets, sameas preferably looking upstream, avoiding circular sameas, etc.
* Fixed calculation error in PISTBRANCH segment. (Factor of 2 in Bessel-function term in real part of Z.) No change to Users Guide.
* Change how f-sub-kappa is calculated for turbulent flow in VX** segments, to avoid second-law violations that occurred in some corners of parameter space in version 6.2.
* Many small display improvements and interface speed-ups.
* Improved RPN segment interface that color-highlights the tokens associated with each result. Semicolons allowed in RPN strings for human readability.
* Extended temperature range for accurate cp, gamma, and Prandtl number for carbon dioxide.
* A new solid, "celcor," in the default thermophysical library.
* Fixed bug when user changes from built-in gas or solid to tpf-based gas or solid.
From 6.3 to 6.4, mid 2016:
* Sameas: To save typing most of the time, the default sameas choice in the parameter-edit dialog is now an upstream input parameter with similar description (except CONE Final parameters default downstream); and DeltaEC warns if a sameas has mismatched units (ignoring blank units).
* Flip: By highlighting a block of segments and right-clicking, it is now possible to flip the order of those segments. Physical segments are strictly flipped. An attempt is made to put RPN segments in intelligent locations.
* SYSEXEC: This new segment type allows sending parameters from midstream in a DeltaEC integration to an external program, running that program, and returning results of the external program to DeltaEC before resuming integration. Can be used to explore alternatives to DeltaEC's built-in segment calculations.
* Changed the smoothing function F in JOIN, to cure a previously undiscovered unphysical case.
* Made tiny changes in roughness calc in turbulent DUCTs, for consistency with Users Guide references.
* Added ds (delta_kappa_solid) to RPN tokens.
* Enabled the ability to set solidtype sameas.
* Improved plotter's ability to recognize a 2-d plot, and improved plotter display defaults.
* Fixed display of nL in UNION, and fixed occasional lack of sameas indicator in UNION targets.
* Fixed many problems with BLKDATA handling.
* Improved warnings about sameas or RPN address that tries to connect to itself, whether directly or through a chain.
* Fixed RPN output color match to command-string color for a< >b .
* In RPN cmdstr highlighting, changed one of the faint blue colors to a faint yellow.
* Tolerate RPN commands getting too long when number of digits in segment numbers increase.
* Fixed VOLUME segment so its address pointers change when other segs are inserted or deleted, or when blocks of segments are copied.
* Fixed display and disk writing of VOLUME segment so extended comment field is allowed.
* Fixed bug: Cutting multiple segments that included a BEGIN or TBRAN was cutting all downstream leg members, even those outside the cut zone.
* Fixed crash when killing, copying, or cutting a segment that is the master of a length special mode.
* Prevent meaningless display of a cleared target that still contained sameas.
* Allow DuplicateSeg to work on SURFACE, JOIN, ANCHOR, INSULATE.
* Many small improvements to the Users Guide, including better indices, better discussion of radiation impedance of an opening to room air, and discussion of the zero of time phase.
* Added example file of a linear alternator having both a specified electrical load impedance and piston-blowby leakage. Added example file of a traveling-wave loop.
* Modified installer for compatibility with Windows 7, 8, and 10.