Los Alamos National Laboratory
November 2010 issue

About the Cover: Microorganisms in the soil perform services that are essential to the survival of all plant and animal life on Earth, and learning to harness their abilities could lead to revolutionary new technologies in agriculture, medicine, environmental management, and more. however, only about 1 percent of these microorganisms are understood by science today. Can we rapidly learn about the other 99 percent?

Download this issue (PDF)

View and download past issues:

1952 Picture

1952:
Los Alamos scientist Jim Tuck with the "Perhapsatron," a device he designed to slowly compress a hot plasma to nuclear fusion conditions by using magnetic fields.

1663
Mail Stop M711
Los Alamos National Laboratory
Los Alamos, NM 87545
1663magazine@lanl.gov
505-667-1447
Fax: 505-665-4408

About Us | Contact Us | Jobs | Library | Maps | Museum | Emergencies | Inside LANL | Inside Phone | Site Feedback

Operated by Los Alamos National Security, LLC for the U.S. Department of Energy's NNSA © Copyright 2009-10 LANS, LLC All rights reserved | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

This site passed IRM-CAS quality check