Ombuds Self Help Resources
We are committed to the fair and equitable treatment of all employees, contractors, and persons doing business with the Laboratory.
Articles & tools to develop your own skills
- 5 Keys of Dealing with Workplace Conflict by Mike Myatt
- All Behavior Makes Sense by Trime Persinger
- How Leaders Listen interview with Ronald Heifetz
- Why Can’t We All Just Get Along? by Douglas E. Noll, Esq.
- Becoming A Fair Fighter: Healthy Resolution of Interpersonal Relationships by Tom Rohrer
- A Credo for Facilitators by Peter Adler
- Rediscovering the Lost Art of Verbal Conversation and Decreasing Your Legal Liability (doc) by Bob Gregg
- Saying No to Demands by William Ury
- The Top 10 Barriers to Dispute Resolution by Joe Epstein and Susan Epstein
- We Have to Talk: A Step-By-Step Checklist for Difficult Conversations by Judy Ringer
- The Value of Listening by Douglas E. Noll, Esq.
- Guidelines for Interpersonal Communication from the Ombuds Office at Harvard Medical School. The article provides effective techniques to improve interpersonal interactions.
- Crucial Conversations via E-mail? by Ron McMillian. The article advocates who you should never hold a crucial conversation with via email.
- How to Fix A Family Feud by Al Switzler. Communication tips on how you change a judgemental communication patter.
- When You're Under Attack by Emily Moss. What do you do when someone has an attacking style of communication?
- Communicating Effectively During Conflict by Lynne Eisaguirre
- Calming Techniques by John Ford
- Redefining Conflict Management Systems Options by Blaine Donais
- Complexity Science Analysis of Conflict by Deborah Sword
- The Six R’s For Changing Minds And Overcoming Resistance by Charles B. Parselle
- The Use and Misuse of a Competing Style in Conflict Management by Dale Eilerman
- Once Upon A Conflict: The Journey from Confrontation to Collaboration by Gary Harper
- The Top 10 Tips on Managing Conflict, Emotional Tension and Anger by Clare Albright
- Courageous Communication by Trime Persinger
- Ten Things You Can Control In A Workplace Conflict by Vivian Scott
- Ten Tips For Managing Conflicts (And Not Needing A Mediator) by Nigel Singer
- The Use and Misuse of an Avoiding Style in Conflict Management by Dale Eilerman
- What Is Mediation and How Does It Fit Into the Workplace? by Tim Hicks
- Preparing For Your Mediation by Tom Sebok
- Calm Upset People with Empathy, Attention and Respect by Bill Eddy
- VitalSmarts provides free web seminars and other resources in communication, for example "Crucial Conversations" and "Crucial Confrontations" along with other topics in general management.
- Can We Call a Truce? Ten Tips for Negotiating Workplace Conflicts by Jeffrey Krivis
- Improving Work Relationships by Managed Health Network, Inc.
- Guidelines for Interpersonal Communication by Linda Wilcox, Harvard University
- How To Handle Difficult Behavior In The Workplace by Tony Belak