ISTI organizes, sponsors, or co-sponsors LANL-led workshops in IS&T areas relevant to the LANL mission. The goals of ISTI workshops are to bring researchers together often from various fields to develop novel technical approaches, build a community, or to develop road maps, proposals or white papers. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with ideas, organization, or sponsorship requests for workshops.
The following workshops are planned for FY16.
- Physics Informed Machine Learning
- January 19 – 22, Santa Fe
- Organizers: Misha Chertkov, Kipton Barros
- Topics: Energy, Climate, Materials, Images
- Organized and co-sponsored by CNLS
- CoDA 2016: Conference on Data Analysis - Exploring Data-Focused Research Across the Department of Energy
- March 2 - 4, 2016, Santa Fe
- Organizer: Kary Myers
- Topics: Power Grid Data, Subsurface Modeling, Cyber Security, Data Analysis at Exascale, Multisource Data, Really Expensive Data
- Data Science and Optimal Learning for Materials Discovery and Design
- May 16-18, 2016,Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Organizers: Turab Lookman, Francis J. Alexander, Stephan Eidenbenz
- Goal: Bring together data scientists, computational physicists, and experimentalists