Center for Nonlinear Studies
Serving as an interface between mission critical research at LANL and the outside research community.
- Identify and study complex nonlinear phenomena using a diverse set of research approaches and methodologies, particularly those of statistical physics, nonlinear science, applied mathematics and numerical simulation.
- Promote the use of scientific results in applied research.
- Stimulate the formation of interdisciplinary approaches to complex problems.
- Facilitate the interchange of scientific results and ideas between Laboratory scientists and external centers of excellence.
- Encourage the exploration of new scientific frontiers at the interface between conventional disciplines.
- Support a broad spectrum of interdisciplinary science that underpins the Laboratory’s mission in national security.