News & updates, continued
Continued from celebration homepage
Update: July 12, 4:30 pm
Tour registration is now closed
Today is the last day to register for on-site tours and free lunch. As of 4:30 today, registration is closed.
Update: June 26, 1:35 pm
Tour capacity added for 70th celebration
Registration is now open
The 70th Anniversary Committee has added vehicles and capacity for additional tour seats. The registration page is now open.
Update: June 26, 8:25 am
Tour status for 70th celebration
Third bus added for windshield tours
After adding more than 200 tour seats and filling 300 seats from the waiting list on Tuesday afternoon (June 25), the 70th Anniversary Committee reports that the additional tours are now full with the following exceptions:
- NSSB tour - see details below
- Windshield tours - Register at the celebration
- History lectures at UNM-LA - No registration required
Free lunches are still available, and games, music and activities will be at the high school practice fields.
Regardless of whether you sign up for a tour, we still need you to register for lunches and to provide guest information and ages. The registration page will be available Thursday (June 27) morning.
Update: June 25, 4:15 pm
From the 70th Anniversary Committee:
The response to the opportunities for employees to bring family on tours of designated Lab sites has been enthusiastic and overwhelming. We’ve heard your concerns and would like to share the following developments:
- We are opening up about 200 more tour seats. To register, add yourself to the waiting list by sending an email to email@example.com including your name, Z#, number and ages of your guests, and the top three tours you are interested in. Names on the wait list will be on a first-come, first-served basis and are not guaranteed. You will be contacted with confirmation or questions.
- All 206 people already on the waiting list as of Tuesday morning (June 25) are being accommodated.
- The NSSB “tour” is different—it is a come-and-go event throughout the day with posters, speakers and short movies. A schedule will be released when available. This tour is open to U.S. citizens only, and attendees must register by July 12.
- We have added a third bus for Windshield Tours leaving from the Los Alamos High School Duane Smith Auditorium parking lot. You may register for Windshield Tours at the event.
- Important: Regardless of whether you sign up for a tour, we still need you to register for lunches and to provide guest information and ages. The registration page should be available Wednesday (June 26) morning.
Finally, please note that due to heightened safety and security concerns, it’s simply no longer possible to open Lab offices and areas for general family visits. Our official communication has called this event a “Family Celebration and Tours,” not a family day, for this very reason.
We thank you for your patience and understanding.
Carolyn Zerkle, Albert Jiron and Kurt Steinhaus
70th Anniversary Committee