FEI Tecnai F30 Analytical TEM/STEM
This is a very flexible TEM/STEM equipped with an energy-dispersive
x-ray spectrometer and an electron energy-loss Gatan Imaging Filter.
Images can be recorded using two different CCD cameras or film in TEM.
This microscope is used primarily for studying the structure and chemistry
of materials at high spatial resolution.
- Field emission electron source.
- Operation at accelerating voltages of up to 300 kV.
- Point to point resolution of 0.21 nm; 0.14 nm resolution can be extracted by
- 70° eucentric tilt
- 0.34 nm electron probe in STEM mode.
- Gatan Ultrascan 4000 4k x 4k CCD camera.
- High angle dark field STEM Z-contrast imaging.
- Gatan Imaging Filter with 2k x 2k CCD for electron energy loss spectrometry,
energy-filtered imaging and STEM spectrum imaging.
- Energy-dispersive x-ray microanalysis using EDAX detector and embedded software. Spectra, line scans, maps, and spectrum images can be collected and analyzed.
- TSL/EDAX Automated Crystallography for the TEM (ACT) and Tools for Orientation
and Crystallographic Analysis (TOCA).