FEI Strata DB235 FIB/SEM
(Focused Ion Beam/High Reolution Scanning Electron Microscope)
This is a versatile field emission scanning electron microscope
integrated with a focused ion beam column that is used for sophisticated SEM
and TEM sample preparation, micromachining, and ultrahigh resolution SEM imaging. The microscope is also
equipped for x-ray microanalysis and crystallographic orientation imaging.
- Microscope consists of a Hexalens SFEG electron beam column, and a Magnum ion beam column with a gallium liquid metal ion source.
- Imaging with both secondary electrons and ions.
- Digital image acquisition.
- Small, stable, high brightness Schottky based field emission
electron source provides 1.5 nm resolution at 30 kV. Three electron beam lens modes – normal imaging, high resolution imaging, and EDS imaging.
- Operation at accelerating voltages from 0.2 to 30 kV for electron beam imaging; 10 or 30 kV for ion beam imaging.
- Gas injection system for platinum deposition.
- Omniprobe Model GPP100 in situ micromanipulator used in the preparation and manipulation of TEM samples.
- Inert gas port for removing TEM samples from the DB235 under argon atmosphere for transport to FEI TEM’s.
- TSL/EDAX orientation imaging CCD camera system for collecting and analyzing EBSD patterns to determine sample phases, orientation
distributions, crystallographic textures, twins and types of grain boundaries, grain size distributions, etc.
- EDAX energy dispersive x-ray spectrometer featuring point spectra, elemental line scans and mapping; semiquantitative and quantitative analyses. Can do elemental and crystallographic mapping simultaneously.
- “Slice and View” software allows for complete three dimensional structural analysis and characterization.