FEI XL30 Environmental Scanning Electron Microscope (ESEM)
This is a multipurpose, variable pressure environmental SEM that allows for dynamic experimentation with various gases on vacuum intolerant or nonconducting specimens. The microscope is also equipped for x-ray microanalysis and crystallographic
- Field emission electron source.
- Operation in high vacuum with accelerating voltages from 1 kV to 30 kV; operation in environmental mode with (voltages) at 0 to 10 torr.
- Point to point electron beam resolution of 1.5 nm at 30 kV in high vacuum.
- Digital imaging with both secondary electrons and backscattered electrons.
- A variety of detectors available for high vacuum, hot stage, and variable pressure conditions.
- 100 mm x 100 mm stage travel range.
- TSL/EDAX electron backscatter diffraction camera and software for collecting and analyzing crystallographic symmetry, orientation, and texture.
- EDAX energy dispersive x-ray microanalysis system - spectra, line scans, maps, and spectrum images can be collected and analyzed. Removable Pelletier stage for environmental microscopy; removable hot stage rated up to 1000oC.