Los Alamos National Laboratory's Materials Science and Technology Division provides world-leading, innovative, and agile materials science and technology solutions for national security missions.
MST serves the nation by
- Delivering core materials science, technology, and hardware essential to ensuring and assessing weapons materials performance;
- Integrating our understanding across materials synthesis, processing, properties, and performance to benefit all endeavors from research to development to component manufacturing;
- Applying fundamental materials expertise to a range of national security needs including nuclear energy, nonproliferation, and global threat reduction;
- Advancing materials discovery science to lay the foundation for new technologies and specialized hardware; and
- Providing user-based materials characterization capabilities.