Using Shear Wave Travel Time Correction Surfaces to Improve Regional Seismic Location in China
Conclusions and Future Work
- Given adequate data, S phases can help to improve regional seismic locations.
- Improve catalog shear phase picks.
- Using S phases which unsure about quality of picks can degrade solutions.
- Relocating ground truth events with P phases and only LANL S picks improves locations over adding global catalog S picks.
- Focal mechanism for mainshock correlates with epicenter trend of relocations. Surface rupture not follow fault plane at depth?
Generation of Propagation Path Correction (PPC) Surfaces |
Ground Truth Comparisons
Ground Truth Comparisons Using LANL S Picks |
Focal Mechanism Comparison |
Conclusions and Future Work |