Improved ability to locate, characterize, and discriminate small magnitude events recorded at regional distances.
- Earthquake catalogs
- Waveforms for reference and catalog events
- Travel-time tables and 2-D corrections surfaces
- Preliminary ground truth events
- Regional magnitude calibration
- Regional station information
Catalog Data Sources
|USGS PDE||1/1973 - 12/1989||147,817 events|
|USGS EDR||1/1990 - 1/1998||156,244 events|
|USGS Weekly PDE||2/1998 - 2/1999||21,561 events|
|pIDC REB||5/1993 - 11/1998||84,689 events|
|ISC||1/1986 - 12/1995||945,913 events|
Waveform Data Source
Most waveforms were obtained from the Incorporated Research Institutions for Seismology (IRIS), Data Management Center (DMC).
- CSS 3.0 format
- Oracle RDBMS version 7.3.3
- Sun Solaris 2.5 platform
- 20 gigabytes of data
- 200 reference tables
- 400,000 distinct events
- 128,120 pointers to SAC waveform files
- 3.5 million regional amplitude measurements
Utility for Research
- Development of empirical propagation path corrections (PPCs) using earthquake catalogs within the database by Steck et. al.
- Development of amplitude corrections in 1-D and 2-D by Taylor et al. and Phillips et. al.