Health & Safety
Some of these resources are LANL-only and will require Remote Access.
- Patty's Industrial Hygiene
- These new volumes present for the first time a seperation of industrial hygiene and toxicology topics, offering complete reorganization of the material into four volumes of clearly defined topic areas.
- Patty's Toxicology
- The standard reference for occupational health and toxicology professional.
- Sittig's Handbook of Toxic and Hazardous Chemicals and Carcinogens
- Business collections, news
- OSHA - Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- Provides expert experience in a variety of areas, including: Intellectual Property Management, Engineering, Computer/Database Development, etc.
- Pubmed comprises more than 21 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books.
- ATSDR - Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry
- Provides indexes, ToxFAQs, profiles, and Minimal Risk Levels, for many toxic substances
- DOE - Central Internet Database
- Gateway to waste management and facility information from current and archived Department of Energy (DOE) data sources
- ChemQuick - UC MSDS Management System (UC Access Only)
- Chemquik has access to over a million MSDSs from over 13,000 current manufacturer's
- The Merck Manuals Online Medical Library
- FREE access to the largest selling medical text, contains medical information and reference
- Dictionary of Substances and their Effects (DOSE, 3rd Electronic Edition)
- Lists more than 2,000 resources in 97 sections and sub-sections available on the Internet of interest to academic and practicing economists
- NIOSH - The National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health
- Providing National and World Leadership to Prevent Workplace Illnesses and Injuries
- National Safety Council
- The National Safety council saves lives by preventing injuries and deaths at work, in homes and communities, and the roads through leadership, research, education and advocacy
- ASSE - American Society of Safety Engineers
- ASSE represents more than 34,000 safety, health and environmental (SH&E) professionals