Bibliographic management tools allow you to:
- Compile, create, and organize bibliographic references in a single location
- Create bibliographies from those records, choosing from multiple output styles
Check with your OCSR before installing any software on Lab computers
- BibTex - a tool and file format often used with LaTeX documents
- Mendeley - a free reference manager and PDF organizer
- Zotero - a browser add-on for collecting, organizing, citing, and sharing web resources
Most databases let you save/export citations, including Web of Knowledge, PubMed, and the Research Library Catalog. Choose RIS, BibTeX, or any other tagged format. Then you can import this file into your favored bibliographic management tool.
To request help on any of these features--importing citations, organizing references, creating bibliographies--see our Training page.