Jobs @ the Library
Interested in a digital library research and development program serving a world-class scientific and technical organization? If you are energized by leading edge opportunities and excited about forging models and technologies for the libraries of the future, we invite you to review our job openings
Graduate Research AssistantThe LANL Research Library has current positions open for a Graduate Research Assistant. We offer a creative setting in which information technologies and services are applied to scientific productivity. We aggressively pursue new ideas, services, products, and approaches to satisfy research needs. The successful candidate will actively partner with Laboratory researchers in support of our mission to facilitate access to and enhance the usability of information. We are seeking a dynamic self-starter who is prepared to contribute in a rapidly changing, complex environment. This position requires a creative person who is comfortable with taking risks, embraces change, works collaboratively as a team player, and has a strong customer service focus.
Desired skills & experience
- Knowledge of/experience in metadata standards, controlled vocabularies and cataloguing rules.
- Commitment to user-centered library service
- Ability to use standard reference tools, including web-based and online resources to fulfill customer reference requests
- Experience with information technologies including web design, web authoring tools, and emerging technologies
- Experience or training in developing online resources such as tutorials, point of need assistance, surveys, and guides
- Experience working in a scientific research library or information center
- Formal training in a scientific field (e.g. computer science, mathematics, physics, chemistry, biosciences, environmental sciences, etc.)
- Education: Master's level degree (completed within the last year or in process) in information science, library science, or equivalent degree and experience.
How to apply
To apply go to LANL Jobs and search All Jobs. Enter IRC33558 in the Vacancy Name/Keywords field. Please include your resume, contact information for 3 references, and a cover letter addressing why you would like to work at LANL Research Library, what kinds of projects excite you the most, and how working at LANL Research Library will help shape your career path.