Santa Fe 2010 Summer Workshop
``LHC from data to discovery''
July 4 - July 9, 2010
Santa Fe and Northern Mexico offer plenty of options for half-day or full-day excursions.
- This summer Santa Fe is celebrating its 400th anniversary.
- July4th: Pancakes on the Plaza and Fireworks at the Railyard.
- Tickets for the Santa Fe Opera 2010 Festival Season are now available.
- The Georgia O'Keefe musuem in Santa Fe, and her home in Abiquiu, New Mexico. Advanced reservations are required to visit O'Keefe's home, located about 1 1/2 hours by car north of Santa Fe; call 505-685-4539.
- Santa Fe Museums presenting the "art, history, and culture of New Mexico".
- The Santa Fe International Folk Art Market is held this year Friday, July 9th-Sunday, July 11th (the week-end after the close of the LHC conference). This annual market showcases the regional folk art of about 140 artisans from around the world, with 90% of sales going directly to the artists. It is held at Museum Hill, with buses available to take visitors up to the site.
- Day hikes in the Santa Fe area.
- Ghost Ranch - day hikes and paleontology museum. 1/2 hour north of Abiquiu.
Back to the main page