Center for Integrated Nanotechnologies Profiles
Profiles of researchers associated with CINT
Phone (505) 284-3167
Nanoscale Electronics & Mechanics
- Undergraduate: University of Tokyo Mechanical Eng.,B.E. 1998
- Graduate: University of Tokyo Mechanical Eng.,M.E. 2001
- Graduate: University of Washington Materials Sci. & Eng.,PhD 2004
Research and professional experience
- Senior Member of Technical Staff, Sandia National Laboratories Feb. 2012 - present
- Foreign National Interim Technical Staff, Sandia National Laboratories Oct. 2009 - Feb. 2012
- Limited Term Technical Staff, Sandia National Laboratories Jan. 2008 - Oct. 2009
- Max Planck Society Postdoctoral Fellow, Fritz Haber Institute, Berlin, Germany (Visiting Postdoctoral Fellow, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory) Oct. 2004 - Dec. 2007
Over 50 journal articles. With nearly 6,000 citations and several high-impact milestone publications in the area of structural and electronic properties of 2D materials.
Atomically Thin Heterostructures based on Single-Layer Tungsten Diselenide and Graphene, Y. C. Lin, C. Y. Chang, J. Li, R. Addou, R. K. Ghosh, B. Diaconescu, X. Peng, T. Ohta, N. Lu, M. J. Kim, J. T. Robinson, R. M, Wallace, T. S. Mayer, S. Datta, L. J. Li, J. A. Robinson, Nano Letters, published online (2014).
Electronic Hybridization of Large-Area Stacked Graphene Films, J. T. Robinson, S. Schmucker, J. C. Culbertson, J. P. Long, A. Friedman, T. Ohta, C. B. Diaconescu, T. Beechem, ACS Nano, ACS Nano, 7, 637 (2013).
Evidence for interlayer coupling and moiré periodic potentials in twisted bilayer graphene, T. Ohta, J. T. Robinson, P. J. Feibelman, A. Bostwick, E. Rotenberg, T. E. Beechem, Phys. Rev. Lett., 109, 186807 (2012).
Extended van Hove singularity and superconducting instability in doped graphene, J. L. McChesney, A. Bostwick, T. Ohta, J. Gonzalez Carmona, T. Seyller, K. Horn, E. Rotenberg, Phys. Rev. Lett. 104, 136803, (2010).
The Role of Carbon Surface Diffusion on the Growth of Epitaxial Graphene on SiC, T. Ohta, N. C. Bartelt, S. Nie, K. Thuermer, and G. L. Kellogg, Phys. Rev. B Rapid Communications, 81 121411(R) (2010).
Towards Wafer-Size Graphene Layers by Atmospheric Pressure Graphitization of Silicon Carbide, K.V. Emtsev, A. Bostwick, K. Horn, J. Jobst, G. L. Kellogg, L. Ley, J. L. McChesney, T. Ohta, S. A. Reshanov, J. Röhrl, E. Rotenberg, A. K. Schmid, D. Waldmann, H. B. Weber, T. Seyller, Nature Materials 8, 203 (2009).
Interlayer interaction and electron screening in multilayer graphene, T. Ohta, A. Bostwick, J. L. McChesney, T. Seyller, K. Horn, E. Rotenberg, Phys. Rev. Lett., 98, 206802 (2007).
Quasiparticle dynamics in graphene, A. Bostwick, T. Ohta, T. Seyller, K. Horn, E. Rotenberg, Nature Physics, 3, 36 (2007).
Controlling the electronic structure of bilayer graphene, T. Ohta, A. Bostwick, T. Seyller, K. Horn, E. Rotenberg, Science, 313, 951 (2006).