Curtis Byron Storlie
Phone (505) 709-0168
- Computational Physics and Applied Mathematics
- Monte Carlo methods
- Uncertainty quantification
- Uncertainty analysis
Ph.D., Statistics, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO, 2005
M.S., Statistics, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ, 2000
B.A., Math, Saint Olaf College, Northfield, MN, 1997
Scientist, CCS-6 Statistical Sciences, Los Alamos National Laboratory
(Last updated: 2/19/15)
- RKW Wong, CB Storlie, TCM Lee (2014). A Frequentist Approach to Computer Model Calibration. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society B (in review).
- CB Storlie, JA Sexton, BJ Reich, S Pakin, M Lang and WN Rust (2014). Modeling and Predicting Power Consumption of High Performance Computing Jobs. Journal of the American Statistical Association (in review).
- KS Bhat, DS Mebane, CB Storlie, P Mahapatra (2014). Upscaling Uncertainty with Dynamic Discrepancy for a Multi-scale Carbon Capture System. Journal of the American Statistical Association (in review).
- JA Sexton, CB Storlie (2015). Internal Stepping Stone Detection. Technometrics (in review).
- JA Sexton, CB Storlie, J Neil (2015). Attack chain detection. Statistical Analysis and Data Mining (in review).
- CB Storlie, WA Lane, EM Ryan, JR Gattiker, and DM Higdon (2015). Calibration of Computational Models with Categorical Parameters and Correlated Outputs via Bayesian Smoothing Spline ANOVA. Journal of the American Statistical Association (in press).
- B Anderson, CB Storlie, M Yates, and A McPhall (2014). Automating Reverse Engineering with Machine Learning Techniques. Proceedings of the 7th ACM workshop on Security and artificial intelligence, 103-112.
- Y Kao, BJ Reich, CB Storlie, and B Anderson (2014). Malware Detection Using Nonparametric Bayesian Clustering and Classification Techniques. Technometrics (in press).
- CB Storlie, B Anderson, S Vander Wiel, D Quist, C Hash, and N Brown (2014). Stochastic Identification of Malware with Dynamic Traces. Annals of Applied Statistics 8 (1), 1-18.
- LP Swiler, PD Hough, P Qian, X Xu, CB Storlie, and H Lee (2014). Surrogate Models for Mixed Discrete-Continuous Variables. in Constraint Programming and Decision Making: Studies in Computational Intelligence 539, 181-202.
- S Pakin, CB Storlie, M Lang, RE Fields III, EE Romero, C Idler, S Michalak, H Greenberg, J Loncaric, R heinheimer, G Grider, and J Wendelberger (2013). Power Usage of Production Supercomputers and Production Workloads. Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience: Special Issue (DOI: 10.1002/cpe.3191).
- DS Mebane, JD Kress, CB Storlie, DJ Fauth, and ML Gray (2013). Transport, Zwitterions and the Role of Water for CO2 Adsorption in Mesoporous Silica-Supported Amine Sorbents. Journal of Physical Chemistry A 17 (50), 26617-26627.
- WA Lane, CB Storlie, C Montgomery, and EM Ryan (2013). Numerical Modeling and Uncertainty Quantification of a Bubbling Fluidized Bed with Immersed Horizontal Tubes. Powder Technology 253, 733-743.
- DC Miller, M Syamlal, D Mebane, CB Storlie, D Bhattacharyya, N Sahinidis, D Agarwal, C Tong, S Zitney, A Sarkar, X Sun, S Sundaresan, E Ryan, D Engel, and C Dale (2013). Carbon Capture Simulation Initiative: A Case Study in Multi-scale Modeling and New Challenges. Annual Review of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering 5 (1).
- J Sexton, CB Storlie, J Neil, and A Kent (2013). Intruder detection based on graph structured hypothesis testing. 2013 6th International Symposium on Resilient Control Systems (ISRCS), 86-91.
- J Neil, B Uphoff, C Hash, and CB Storlie (2013). Towards Improved Detection of Attackers in Computer Networks: New Edges, Fast Updating, and Host Agents. 2013 6th International Symposium on Resilient Control Systems (ISRCS), 218-224.
- J Neil, C Hash, A Brugh, M Fisk, and CB Storlie (2013). Scan Statistics for the Online Identification of Locally Anomalous Subgraphs. Technometrics 55 (4), 403-414.
- CB Storlie, M Fugate, D Higdon, A Huzurbazar, E Francois, and D McHugh (2012). Methods for Characterizing and Comparing Populations of Shock Wave Curves. Technometrics 55 (4), 436-449.
- CB Storlie, SE Michalak, HM Quinn, AJ DuBois, SA Wender, and DH DuBois (2012). A Bayesian Reliability Analysis of Neutron Induced Errors in High Performance Computing Hardware. Journal of the American Statistical Association 108 (502), 429-440.
- CB Storlie, BJ Reich, JC Helton, LP Swiler and CJ Sallaberry (2012). Analysis of Computationally Demanding Models with Continuous and Categorical Inputs. Reliability Engineering and System Safety 113, 30-41
- R Tarefder, N Sumee, and CB Storlie (2012). A Study of MEPDG Sensitivity Using Parametric Statistical Techniques. Journal of Computing in Civil Engineering.
- B Anderson, CB Storlie, and T Lane (2012). Multiple Kernel Learning Clustering with an Application to Malware. 2012 IEEE International Conference on Data Mining, 804-809.
- B Anderson, CB Storlie, and T Lane (2012). Improving Malware Classification: Bridging the Static/Dynamic Gap. Proceedings of the 5th ACM workshop on Security and artificial intelligence, 3-14.
- SE Michalak, AJ DuBois, CB Storlie, HM Quinn, WN Rust, DH DuBois, DG Modl, A Manuzzato, and SP Blanchard (2012). Assessment of the Impact of Cosmic-Ray-Induced Neutrons on Hardware from the Roadrunner Supercomputer. IEEE Transactions on Device and Materials Reliability 12 (2), 445-454.
- A Nosedal, CB Storlie, TCM Lee, and R Christensen (2012). Reproducing Kernel Hilbert Spaces for Penalized Regression: A tutorial. The American Statistician 66 (1), 50-60.
- M O'Brien and CB Storlie (2012). An Alternative Bilateral Refitting Model for Zooarchaeological Assemblages. Journal of Taphonomy 9 (4), 245-268.
- SE Michalak, AJ DuBois, CB Storlie, HM Quinn, WN Rust, DH DuBois, DG Modl, A Manuzzato, and SP Blanchard (2011). Neutron Beam Testing of High Performance Computing Hardware. 2011 IEEE Radiation Effects Data Workshop (REDW), 1-8.
- SE Michalak, AJ DuBois, CB Storlie, WN Rust, DH DuBois, DG Modl, HM Quinn, A Manuzzato, and SP Blanchard (2011). Neutron beam testing of triblades. 2011 Silicon Errors in Logic-System Effects (SELSE), 1-6.
- CB Storlie, J Hannig, and CM Lee (2011). Statistical Consistency of the Data Association Problem in Multiple Target Tracking. Electronic Journal of Statistics 5,1227-1275.
- BJ Reich, E Kalendra, CB Storlie, HD Bondell, and M Fuentes (2011). Variable selection for high dimensional Bayesian density estimation: application to human exposure simulation. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society C 61 (1), 47-66.
- B Anderson, D Quist, J Neil, CB Storlie, and T Lane (2011). Graph-Based Malware Detection Using Dynamic Analysis. Journal in Computer Virology. 7 (4), 247-258.
- H Djidjev, G Sandine, CB Storlie, and S Vander Wiel (2011). Graph Based Statistical Analysis of Network Traffic. Ninth Workshop on Mining and Learning with Graphs (MLG 2011).
- CB Storlie, HD Bondell, BJ Reich, and HH Zhang (2011). Surface Estimation, Variable Selection, and the Nonparametric Oracle Property. Statistica Sinica 21.
- CB Storlie, HD Bondell, and BJ Reich (2010). A Locally Adaptive Penalty for Estimation of Functions with Varying Roughness. Journal of Computational and Graphical Statistics 19 (3), 569-589.
- CB Storlie, LP Swiler, JC Helton, and CJ Sallaberry (2009). Implementation and Evaluation of Nonparametric Regression Procedures for Sensitivity Analysis of Computationally Demanding Models. Reliability Engineering and System Safety 94 (11), 1735-1763.
- BJ Reich, CB Storlie, and HD Bondell (2009). Variable Selection in Bayesian Smoothing Spline ANOVA Models: Application to Deterministic Computer Codes. Technometrics 51 (2), 110-120.
- CB Storlie, CM Lee, J Hannig, and D Nychka (2009). Tracking of Multiple Merging and Splitting Targets: A Statistical Perspective (with discussion). Statistica Sinica 19 (1), 1-52.
- CB Storlie, TCM Lee, J Hannig, and D Nychka (2009). Response-Tracking of Multiple Merging and Splitting Targets: A Statistical Perspective. Statistica Sinica 19 (1), 46-52.
- CB Storlie and JC Helton (2007). Multiple Predictor Smoothing Methods for Sensitivity Analysis: Description of Techniques.. Reliability Engineering and System Safety 93 (1), 28-54.
- CB Storlie and JC Helton (2007). Multiple Predictor Smoothing Methods for Sensitivity Analysis: Example Results. Reliability Engineering and System Safety 93 (1), 55-77.
- JC Helton, JD Johnson, WL Oberkampf, and CB Storlie (2007). A Sampling-Based Computational Strategy for the Representation of Epistemic Uncertainty in Model Predictions with Evidence Theory. Special issue of Computer Methods In Applied Mechanics and Engineering 196, 3980-3998.
- JC Helton, JD Johnson, CJ Sallaberry, and CB Storlie (2006). Survey of Sampling-Based Methods for Uncertainty and Sensitivity Analysis. Reliability Engineering and System Safety, 91, 1175-1209.
- CB Storlie and JC Helton (2005). Multiple Predictor Smoothing Methods for Sensitivity Analysis. Winter Simulation Conference 2005, 231-239.
- CB Storlie, CM Lee, D Nychka, B Whichter, C Davis, and J Weiss (2004). Identifying and Tracking Turbulence Structures. Proceedings of the 38th Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems, and Computers, 2, 1700 - 1704.
- 'BSS-ANOVA-UQ' R-code - to perform calibration of complex computer models with categorical parameters and multiple outputs
- 'CompModSA' R-package - to perform Sensitivity and Uncertainty Analysis of Complex Computer Models (Windows version)
- R code to fit ACOSSO models
- Integrating Multiple Data Sources for Malware Classification - US20130326625
- Path Scanning for the Detection of Anomalous Subgraphs and use of DNS Requests and Host Agents for Anomaly/Change Detection and Network Situational Awareness - US2013031402
My CV (Last updated: 2/19/15)