Find Expertise Search
Phone (505) 665-2246
- Materials by design
- Polymer characterization techniques
- Chemical vapor deposition
- Physical vapor deposition
- Polymer science
- Scanned probe microscopies
- Interface engineering
- Materials synthesis (single crystals)
- Optics and fiber optics
- Transport characterization of materials,
- Nanoscale (in time and space) spectroscopies
- Integrate inorganic and organic nanomaterials into functional nanosystems
- Organic/inorganic crystalline and amorphous composites
- Center for Integrated Nanotechnologies (CINT)
- Directs an optoelectronics lab working on understanding and controlling photo-physical processes occurring at the interfaces created with layered 2D materials, organic and inorganic materials for thin film light to energy conversion technologies such as photovoltaics, photo-catalysis etc.
- Applying correlated interface sensitive techniques such as photocurrent, time resolved PL, electro-absorption, impedance spectroscopy etc to investigate the charge and energy transfer and recombination processes.
Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, The University of Louisville, 2007
M.S., Solid State Physics, Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, 2001
B.S., Physics, Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, 1999
Staff Scientist, Materials Synthesis and Integrated Devices (MPA-11), September 2013- Present
Staff Scientist, Center for Integrated Nanotechnologies (MPA-CINT), October 2011- August 2013
Postdoc, Center for Integrated Nanotechnologies, December 2009 - October 2011
S.Lei , L.Ge , S.Najmaei , A.George , R.Kappera , J.Lou , M.Chhowalla , H.Yamaguchi , G.Gupta , R.Vajtai , A.D. Mohite , and P.M. Ajayan "Evolution of the Electronic Band Structure and Efficient Photo-Detection in Atomic Layers of InSe", ACS Nano, Just Accepted Manuscript (2014). DOI: 10.1021/nn405036u
H.Yamaguchi, J.Granstrom, W.Nie, H.Sojoudi, T.Fujita, D.Voiry, M.Chen, G.Gupta, A.D.Mohite, S.Graham & M.Chhowalla "Reduced Graphene Oxide Thin Films as Ultrabarriers for Organic Electronics" Adv. Energy Mater. (2013). doi: 10.1002/aenm.201300986
M.S.Arnold, J.L.Blackburn, J.J.Crochet, S.K.Doorn, J.G.Duque, A.Mohite, and H.Telg "Recent developments in the photophysics of single-walled carbon nanotubes for their use as active and passive material elements in thin film photovoltaics" Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. (Perspective) 15, 14896 (2013).
K.M. Dani, J. Lee, R. Sharma, A.D. Mohite, C.C. Galande, P.M. Ajayan, A.M. Dattelbaum, H. Htoon, A J. Taylor, and R.P. Prasanakumar "Relativistic Drude response of photoexcited dirac quasiparticles in Graphene" Phys. Rev. B 86, 125403 (2012).
A.D. Mohite, D.E. Perea, S. Singh, S.A. Dayeh, I.H. Campbell, S.T. Picraux, and H. Htoon "Highly efficient charge collection and separation across in-situ doped axial VLS grown Si nanowire p-n junctions" Nano Lett. 12, 1965 (2012).
B.N Pal, I. Robel, A.D. Mohite S. Crooker, A.M. Dattelbaum, and V.I. Klimov "High detectivity and fast response from PbS nanocrystal photodiode" Adv. Funct. Mater. 22, 1741 (2012).
J.G. Duque, C.E. Hamilton, G. Gupta, S.A. Crooker, J. Crochet, A. Mohite, H. Htoon, K.A. DeFriend Obrey, A.M. Dattelbaum, and S.K. Doorn "Fluorescent Single-Walled Carbon Nanotube Aerogels in Surfactant-Free Environments" ACS Nano 5, 8 (2011).
S. Gilbertson, G. Dakovski, T. Durakiewicz, J-X. Zhu, K. Dani, A. Mohite, A. Dattelbaum, G. Rodriguez "Tracing Ultrafast Separation and Coalescence of Carrier Distributions in Graphene with Time-Resolved Photoemission" J. Phys. Chem. 3, 64 (2011).
C.C. Galande, A.D. Mohite, Anton V. Naumov, B.R. Weisman, and P.M. Ajayan "Quasi molecular fluorescence from Graphene Oxide" Sci. Rep. 1, 85 (2011).
A.D. Mohite, B.W, Alphenaar, T.S. Santos, and Jagadeesh Moodera "Observation of triplet exciton in EuS coated Single wall nanotube" Nat. Nanotech. 4, 425 (2009).
A.D. Mohite, P. Gopinath, H. Shah, and B.W. Alphenaar "Exciton dissociation and Stark effect in the photocurrent of individual single-wall nanotubes" Nano Lett. 8, 142 (2008).
A.D. Mohite, G.U. Sumanasekera, and B.W. Alphenaar "Field Enhanced Photocurrent Spectroscopy of Excitonic States in Single-wall Carbon Nanotubes" Nano Lett. 6, 1369 (2006).