Environmental Management System
- Environmental Communication & Public Involvement
- P.O. Box 1663 MS K491
- Los Alamos, NM 87545
- (505) 667-6168
Managing our effects on the environment
We are committed to protecting the environment while conducting our national security and energy-related missions.
What is the Environmental Management System?
- It covers every program in the Laboratory
- It is implemented through people, plans, and processes
- It integrates with all the long-term planning functions
- It examines any method by which a program may impact the environment
- It complies with all environmental regulations
ISO 14001 certification
The Laboratory's approach is based on the International Organization of Standards ISO 14001—Environmental Management Systems. ISO 14001 requires regular independent audits to obtain and maintain certification.