20/20 Campaign announces winners
The 20/20 Campaign was launched in 2012 as a partnership among communities and business-support organizations in Northern New Mexico to develop at least 20 high-growth businesses in the region by the year 2020. In October, a second round of firms were recognized that provide a wide range of products and services. It’s anticipated the eight companies awarded could double their workforces and revenues within the next six years.
This year’s winners:
- GeoEnergy Monitoring Systems, Inc., Los Alamos (nominated by Los Alamos County and Los Alamos Connect)
- Alpine Fire Safety Systems, Arroyo Hondo (nominated by Taos Entrepreneurial Network)
- Technology Solutions NM, Santa Fe (nominated by Santa Fe Business Incubator and the City of Santa Fe)
- Taos Mountain Energy Bars, Taos (nominated by Taos Entrepreneurial Network)
- Don Quixote Distillery, Los Alamos (nominated by Los Alamos County)
- Marty's Meals, Santa Fe (nominated by City of Santa Fe)
- Mesa Photonics, Santa Fe (nominated by City of Santa Fe)
- National Water Services, Santa Fe (nominated by City of Santa Fe)
To qualify for recognition, companies must have a proven and developed product or service, two or more customers and have 50 percent or more of their revenues from outside New Mexico. They must also be financially profitable and have a solid plan for growth.
The 20/20 Campaign is headed by 20/20 Northern New Mexico, A Regional Development Corporation initiative (in turn supported by the Lab) and is sponsored by Los Alamos National Security, LLC and TIG: Technology Integration Group.
For more on the awards, visit the Northern New Mexico 20/20 Campaign’s pages.