New record for employee giving campaign
The Lab’s annual employee giving campaign broke two records this year. First, employee contributions totaled more than $2.1 million, surpassing last year's $1.8 million by $300,000. A second record was broken for the Lab’s overall participation rate, which increased from 11 percent to 21 percent.
Paul Henry, Principal Associate Director for Capital Projects and the Lab’s Employee Giving Champion this year, attributes the increases to the following factors:
- Direct involvement by top management
- The Laboratory Director’s initiative to have Los Alamos National Security, LLC cover administrative fees collected by distribution organizations
- The commitment of division-level champions (new this year)
- An increase in special events and presentations hosted by Lab organizations
- Campaign communications across the Lab, as well as local initiatives such as videos and new posters
- The generosity of Lab employees.
For further information on the campaign, contact the Community Programs Office at (505) 665-4400.