Sequencing, Finishing, and Analysis in the Future Meeting
La Fonda Hotel in Santa Fe, NM
Meeting registration and hotel reservations are now open. Abstracts will be due in March.
Check back for details about keynote speakers, etc.
2017 Meeting invitation (pdf)
“Sequencing, Finishing and Analysis in the Future” (SFAF) is an annual meeting dedicated to bringing together experts in the genomics field—including representatives from the industries that serve this specialized scientific community.
The meeting focuses on laboratory methods and computational tools used to help sequence, assemble, and finish genomes, including new sequencing technologies, which promise high-throughput results by sequencing more base-pairs per run at longer read-lengths.
- Jürgen Richt, DVM, PhD, Director - Center of Excellence for Emerging and Zoonotic Animal Diseases (CEEZAD) Kansas State University, College of Veterinary Medicine
Areas of emphasis
- Sequencing strategies and technology advancements using the various NGS platforms
- De novo sequencing, re-sequencing, Human seq., RNA seq., metagenomics, etc.
- Sequencing applications for metagenomics, transcriptomics, diagnostics, and biosurveillance
- Whole genome assemblers and integration of next generation data
- De novo assemblers for short reads, hybrid assemblers
- Recalling and calibrating genome assemblies
- Single cell and metagenomic assemblies
- Next generation finishing tools, technologies and pipelines
- Human Genomics and genome improvement
- Quality standards for new technologies and mixed data sets
- Single cell / cell sorting and metagenomic finishing
- Genome annotation and pathway identification tools and pipelines
- Comparative genomics, re-sequencing, SNPs, structural variation
- Large scale data management, cloud computing
- Analysis for metagenomics, antimicrobial resistance, and forensics
Applications of NGS
- Bringing sequence to the clinic (i.e., diagnostics, cancer, inherited disorders)
- Human, non-human, and infectious disease applications
- Gene editing, synthetic genomics, forensics, and biosurveillance
- AgriGenomics, livestock genomics, plant genomics
- Global engagement and partnerships