- Executive Office Director
- Kathy Keith
- Community Partnerships Office
- (505) 665-4400
- Giving Campaigns & Volunteering
- Debbi Wersonick
- (505) 667-7870
- Annual Food & Holiday Gift Drives
- Mike Martinez
- (505) 699-3388
Hurry! Participate in Laboratory’s annual food collection drive—through Nov. 17
Employees can participate in the annual Holiday Food drive— and they also have the opportunity to participate in this drive by bringing a frozen turkey to work on Nov. 22; turkeys can be dropped off at the Vehicle Access Portal (VAP) at Diamond Drive and Jemez Road, at TA-3, the VAP on the east end of Pajarito Road and at the Community Partnerships Office, 1619 Central Ave., in downtown Los Alamos.
"Employee contributions of food will help make the Thanksgiving holiday much brighter for a Northern New Mexico family. Together we can make a difference,” said Mike Martinez of Community Partnerships, food drive coordinator.
These food item donations are requested:
- 1 box instant mashed potatoes
- 1 box stuffing
- 2 cans evaporated milk
- 2 cans vegetables
- 2 cans sweet potatoes or cranberries
- 1 4-pound bag of sugar
- 1 5-pound bag of flour or biscuit mix
- 1 quart (32 oz.) vegetable oil
- 1 box cake or cookie mix
- 1 jar coffee, tea, or fruit drink mix.
Items should be packaged in a box, which allows for more efficient distribution through partner agencies.
Download the donation list (pdf) to print or view on your mobile device to make shopping easier. Or print this page.
Donated items can be dropped off at these collection sites around the Lab:
- Otowi Building, TA-3
- Wellness Center, TA-3
- Occupational Medicine, TA-3
- Nicholas Metropolis Center, TA-3
- MSL, TA-3
- NISC, TA-3
- NSSB, TA-3
- LANSCE, TA-53
- TA-55 Access Center and RLUOB
- CPO, 1619 Central Ave., downtown
- Acquisition Services Management, Central Park Square, downtown
- Pajarito School, townsite
- Bioscience Lab, Diamond Drive
- SAE, Central Park Square
- ADESH, TA-59
- Pueblo Complex, Diamond Drive
- CNLS, TA-3.
Donated food items and frozen turkeys will be distributed in time for Thanksgiving to Northern New Mexico families via these partners:
- San Martin de Porres Soup Kitchen-Española
- Taos Feeds Taos
- Wings for Hope-Santa Fe
- St Vincent de Paul, Abiquiu, San Juan, Chimayo, Española, Pojoaque
- Knight of Columbus, Arroyo Seco
- LA Cares-Los Alamos
- St. Elizabeth’s Shelter-Española
- The Food Depot, Santa Fe
More about Los Alamos National Laboratory giving efforts
Los Alamos National Security, LLC (LANS), invests in Northern New Mexico's Employee Giving Campaign through the United Way by matching the contributions of LANL employees up to $1 million.
LANS contributes up to an additional $250,00 per year to match employee contributions to the Los Alamos Employees' Scholarship Fund for scholarships for Northern New Mexico students.
Campaigns, drives, volunteering
- Back to School Drive
- Employee Giving Campaign
- Holiday Food Drive
- Holiday Gift Drive
- Los Alamos Employees' Scholarship Fund
- Vecinos Volunteer Program
- Wreaths Across America
Community giving campaigns
Annually during the LANL Employee Giving Campaign, employees are encouraged to make monetary donations to support the United Way of Northern New Mexico, United Way of Santa Fe County, and other nonprofit organizations designated by employees. During the 2016 Employee Giving campaign, employees have already pledged more than $2.1 million dollars.