Scientist, Center for Integrated Nanotechnologies
Science Thrust: Nanoscale Electronics & Mechanics
MPA-CINT, MS K771
Los Alamos National Laboratory
Los Alamos, NM 87545
Education and Training
Undergraduate: POSTECH, Korea (South), Materials Sci. & Eng. B. S., 2003
Graduate: POSTECH, Korea (South), Materials Sci. & Eng. Ph. D., 2010
Jinkyoung’s research has focused on fundamental understanding of growth and characteristics of semiconductor nanowires and fabrication of applicable electronic/photonic devices. Jinkyoung has pursued the integration of nanowires in system with an expertise of materials synthesis (chemical vapor deposition), nanocharacterization, and micro/nanofabrication. He is currently working on nanowire-based energy applications such as photovoltaic cell, light-emitting diode, and battery anode. Additionally, he is doing research on elucidating epitaxy in nanoscale.
- Epitaxial radial growth of Si p-i-n junction arrays for photovoltaic applications, Jinkyoung Yoo, Shadi A. Dayeh, Wei Tang, and S. T. Picraux, Appl. Phys. Lett. 102 (9), 093113 (2013).
- Metal-lined semiconductor nanotubes for surface plasmon-mediated luminescence enhancement, Jinkyoung Yoo, Xuedan Ma, Wei Tang, and G.-C. Yi, Nano Lett. 13(5), 2134 (2013).
- In-situ atomic scale imaging of electrochemical lithoation of silicon, X. H. Liu, J. W. Wang, S. Huang, F. Fan, X. Huang, Y. Liu, S. Krylyuk, J. Yoo, S. A. Dayeh, A. Davydov, S. T. Picraux, S. Zhang, J. Li, T. Zhu, J. Y. Huang, Nature Nanotechnology 7, 749 (2012).
- Exciton scattering mechanism in semiconductor MgZnO nanorods, Jinkyoung Yoo, Gyu-Chul Yi, Le Si Dang, Bonghwan Chon, Taiha Joo, Nano Lett. 12, 556 (2012).
- Ch. 15. Semiconductor nanowires for solar cells, S. T. Picraux, J. Yoo, S. A. Dayeh, D. E. Perea, I. H. Campbell, Semiconductor nanostructures for optoelectronic devices, Springer-Verlag (2012).
- Ch. 9. Luminescence characterizations of semiconductor nanostructures, J. Yoo, Semiconductor nanostructures for optoelectronic devices, Springer-Verlag (2012).
Selected User Projects:
- Strained axial heteronanowire tunneling devices and optical sources, Alex Zaslavsky, Brown University.
- Nanowire specialty diodes for integrated applications, Clarence Tracy, Arizona State University.
- Dopant mapping across semiconductor nanowire heterojunctions, Daniel E. Perea, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory