Scientist, Center for Integrated Nanotechnologies
Partner Science Leader: Theory and Simulation of Nanoscale Phenomena
MPA-CINT, MS K771
Los Alamos National Laboratory
Los Alamos, NM 87545
Education and Training
Undergraduate: Department of Physics, Nanjing University, July 1990, B.Sc.
Graduate: Department of Physics, Nanjing University, July 1993, M.Sc.
Department of Physics, University of Hong Kong, Dec. 1997, Ph.D.
Expertise in strongly correlated electron materials, impurity problem in strongly correlated electron systems, quantum phase transition in heavy fermion systems, structure and properties in nanoscale electronic systems. Experienced in theoretical analysis in STM and ARPES experiments. Authored and co-authored more than 100 peer-reviewed publications..
- Jie Ren and Jian-Xin Zhu, Anomalous energy transport across topological insulator superconductor junctions, Phys. Rev. B 87, 165121 (2013).
- K. Gofryk, F. Ronning, J.-X. Zhu, M. N. Ou, P. H. Tobash, S. S. Stoyko, X. Lu, A. Mar, T. Park, E. D. Bauer, J. D. Thompson, and Z. Fisk, Electronic tuning and uniform superconductivity in CeCoIn5, Phys. Rev. Lett. 109, 186402 (2012).
- Huaixiang Huang, Yi Gao, Jian-Xin Zhu, and C. S. Ting, Superfluid density in the s+- wave state of clean ironbased superconductors, Phys. Rev. Lett. 109, 187007 (2012).
- Jian-Xin Zhu, Jean-Pierre Julien, Y. Dubi, and A. V. Balatsky, Local electronic structure and Fano interference in tunneling into a Kondo hole system, Phys. Rev. Lett. 108, 186401 (2012).
- Tanmoy Das, Jian-Xin Zhu, Matthias J. Graf, Local suppression of the superfluid density of PuCoGa5 by strong onsite disorder, Phys. Rev. B 84, 134510 (2011).
- Jian-Xin Zhu, Rong Yu, A. V. Balatsky, and Q. Si, Local electronic structure of a single nonmagnetic impurity as a test of the pairing symmetry of electrons in (K,Tl)FexSe2 superconductors, Phys. Rev. Lett. 107, 167002 (2011).
- Jian-Xin Zhu, I. Martin, and A. R. Bishop, Kondo stripes in an Anderson-Heisenberg model of heavy fermions, Phys. Rev. Lett. 100, 236403 (2008).
- A. V. Balatsky, I. Vekhter, and Jian-Xin Zhu, Impurity-induced states in conventional and unconventional
superconductors, Rev. Mod. Phys. 78, 373 (2006).
- Jian-Xin Zhu, K. H. Ahn, Z. Nussinov, T. Lookman, A. V. Balatsky, and A. R. Bishop, Elasticity-Driven Nanoscale Electronic Structure in Superconductors, Phys. Rev. Lett. 91, 057004 (2003).
- Jian-Xin Zhu, Ivar Martin, and A. R. Bishop, Spin and Charge Order around Vortices and Impurities in High-Tc
Superconductors, Phys. Rev. Lett. 89, 067003 (2002).