Scientist, Center for Integrated Nanotechnologies
Science Thrust: Nanophotonics and Optical Nanomaterials
MPA-CINT, MS K771
Los Alamos National Laboratory
Los Alamos, NM 87545
Education and Training
Undergraduate: University of Yangon, Myanmar, Physics, B.S (Honors), 1991
Graduate: Western Illinois University, Physics, M.S. 1996
University of Texas at Austin, Physics, Ph.D., 2001
Han Htoon’s research interests have focused on development of novel spectroscopic techniques and studies on fundamental photo-physical properties at the scale of individual nanostructures. His current activities center on probing electronic structure, carrier dynamic, multi-exciton effects, charge and energy transfer processes, plasmon-exciton coupling and carrier multiplication processes in wide range of nanoscale electronic and photonic materials including colloidal nanocrystals quantum dots, nanowires, carbon nanotubes and coupled metal-semiconductor hybrid nanostructures. He is also active engaged in integration of nanowires and nanocrystals into light emitting diodes as well as photo-voltaic devices.
- Exciton localization and migration in individual CdSe quantum wires at low temperaturas, J. J. Glennon, et al., Phys. Rev. B 80, 081303 (2009)
- Anomalous Circular Polarization of Photoluminescence Spectra of Individual CdSe Nanocrystals in an Applied Magnetic Field, H. Htoon, et al, Phys. Rev. Lett. 102, 017402 (2009).
- Quantum Optics with Nanocrystal Quantum Dots in Solution: Quantitative Study of Clustering, D. A. Bussian et al., J. Phys. Chem. C, 113, 2241 (2009).
- Direct observation of dark excitons in individual carbon nanotubes: inhomogeneity in the exchange splitting, A. Srivastava, H. Htoon, V. I. Klimov, and J. Kono, Phys. Rev. Lett. 101, 087402 (2008).
- Time-resolved photoluminescence of type-II Ga(As)Sb/GaAs quantum dots embedded in an InGaAs quantum well, J. Tatebayashi, et al., Nanotechnology, 19, 295704 (2008)
- Single carbon nanotubes probed by photoluminescence excitation spectroscopy: the role of phonon-assisted transitions, H. Htoon et al., Phys. Rev. Lett. 94, 127403 (2005)
- Structure of excited-State transitions of individual semiconductor nanocrystals probed by photoluminescence excitation spectroscopy, H. Htoon, P. J. Cox, and V. I. Klimov, Phys. Rev. Lett. 93, 187402, (2004)
Selected User Projects:
- Phonon Interactions in Carbon Nanotube Electronic Devices, S. K. Doorn, C-PCS, LANL.
- Quantum optics with single photons from colloidal nanocrystals in solution, A. V. Malko,University of Texas at Dallas
- Plasmon-exciton interactions in Au nanoshell-semiconductor nanocrystal complexes, N. J. Halas, Rice University.