Prescription drug coverage for retirees
Your Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Mexico (BCBSNM) health plan includes a prescription drug benefit administered by Prime Therapeutics. The cost of the prescription drug plan is included in your medical premiums.
- The co-pays for prescription drugs are based on a 3-tier prescription drug benefit.
- Co-payments are different for formulary or non-formulary, generic, or brand/preferred name.
- Review the BCBSNM Drug List (pdf) to find out which tier a specific drug falls under.
Prescription drug co-pays vary from plan to plan.
- 2013 EPO Summary of Benefits (pdf)
- 2013 PPO Summary of Benefits (pdf)
- 2013 CDHP Summary of Benefits (pdf)
Mail order prescriptions
Prime Therapeutics prescription drug benefit also includes an option for mail order prescription services called PrimeMail.
Order by mail: PrimeMail
A prescription written for a three-month supply of the medication is required in order to use the PrimeMail services.