New-Hire Packet (Summer Students)
Foreign nationals, including students and postdocs, must select the foreign nationals employment category to complete the new-hire process.
- (505) 667-4451, Option 6
New-Hire Orientation Agenda for Summer Sessions*
- New-Hire Orientation Agenda - Monday Session (pdf)
- New-Hire Orientation Agenda - Tuesday Session (pdf)
*Before reporting for orientation, please refer to your e-mail confirmations for the date of hire (Monday or Tuesday).
Note: Summer student hiring sessions will begin on May 11, 2015 through June 16, 2015. Students are scheduled for drug tests in the afternoon between 1:30 and 3:30 but should not schedule a pre-employment drug test if they are hiring on between May 11, 2015 through June 16, 2015. Foreign national students during this time period will be scheduled for the their drug test at 11:20.
Note: Employees will be briefed on how to complete the required forms at New-Hire Orientation. If desired, you may review and complete the required documents and bring to New-Hire Orientation, but do NOT sign and date the documents.
- Form I-9 - Employment Eligibility Verification (pdf): Los Alamos National Laboratory is a participant of E-Verify. Federal law requires Los Alamos National Security to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all individuals hired to work in the United States. In order to complete your I-9 form, you will need to bring one or two documents from the List of Acceptable Documents. Expired documents, document copies, hospital birth certificates and laminated documents are NOT acceptable. Note: Failure to provide required documents will result in delay and/or denial of employment.
- Employee Profile Form (pdf)
- Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability (pdf)
- Voluntary Self-Identification for Veterans (pdf)
- Form 1990 - Conflict of Interest (COI) Certificate (pdf) - mandatory for LANL Ethics Department
- Form W-4 - Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate (pdf)
- Payroll Direct Deposit (pdf) - For checking, bring a "voided" check. For savings, bring a letter or document from the institution with transit number/account number.
- Laboratory Policy Regarding Government Property (pdf)
- Intellectual Property Assignment and Confidential Information Agreement (pdf)