Foreign nationals, including students and postdocs, must select the foreign nationals employment category to complete the new-hire process.
- (505) 665-7158
Every Tuesday, Otowi Building, 3rd floor, side rooms
- Check maps for exact locations
- Laboratory Delayed Opening or Closure Due to Inclement Weather (pdf)
- Fill out Student Checklist (pdf)
- Be sure to bring your required documents to New-Hire Orientation
Day 1 schedule
|7:45-8:15 am||US Citizenship Verification
Welcome and Overview
|Human Resources and Education and Postdoc Office Staff|
|8:15 am||New-Hire Process||Human Resources Staff|
|9:00 am||What is the Los Alamos National Laboratory?||Bradbury Science Museum Staff|
|9:45 am||Welcome from Students’ Association & Student's Worker Safety & Security Team||Students’ Association/SWSST members|
|9:55 am||Guidelines for Success||HR-Employee Relations Staff|
|10:15 am||What is the Research Library?||Research Library Staff|
|10:25 am||Welcome from Los Alamos Chamber of Commerce||Chamber Staff|
|10:45 am||Initial Cyber Security Briefing||Cyber Security Training Staff|
|12 pm||Student Program Announcements/HR Returns Docs||Student Program Staff/HR Staff|
|12:30 pm||Lunch is on your own. Contact Mentor for further instructions for the afternoon.|
Day 2 schedule
|7:30–8:30 am||Obtain Badge at Badge Office (Picture ID and Proof of Citizenship Required)
Report to Work Site
|Otowi Building, 2nd floor (North Wing)|
|General Employee Training (GET)|
|8 am–4 pm (Date announced at orientation)||Mandatory: General Employee Training (GET)||White Rock Training Center
35 Rover Boulevard
White Rock, NM
- Obtain a badge from the Badge Office located on the second floor of the Otowi Building (Photo ID and proof of U.S .citizenship is required.)
- U.S. citizens must provide proof of citizenship (pdf) for the Badge Office before obtaining a badge.
- After you have your badge, report to work. Contact your mentor if you have any questions.
- Attend required General Employee Training (GET), if not previously taken. Refer to the insert in your new-hire folder.
- Discuss Alternate Work Schedules with manager Policy P761 for approval.
- Complete Ethics and Compliance training (44486) within 30 days of hire.
- Update address (if applicable) by sending email to email@example.com.