- (505) 665-7158
Do not report to the New-Hire Orientation until you have been scheduled by your Human Resources (HR) Division representative.
Orientation for all new employees begins promptly Monday mornings at 8:30 am at the Bradbury Science Museum (667-4444), which is on the corner of 15th Street and Central Avenue in Los Alamos. If Monday is a holiday, the New-Hire Orientation will be held on Tuesday.
- Check maps for exact locations
- Laboratory Delayed Opening or Closure Due to Inclement Weather (pdf)
- Be sure to bring your required documents to New-Hire Orientation
Day 1 schedule
|8:30–9:20 am||Welcome/New-Hire Form Process
|9:25–10:30 am||Laboratory Cultural and Historical Overview|
|10:30–10:35 am||Los Alamos Chamber of Commerce|
|10:35–10:45 am||Ethics and Compliance|
|10:55–11:45 am||Information Security|
|1:15–4:00 pm||Benefits Orientation, Otowi Building (TA-03, Bldg. 261),
Located at intersection of West Jemez and Casa Grande roads
If you do not attend the Benefits Orientation, please contact your manager or mentor for afternoon instructions.
Day 2 schedule
Obtain a badge from the Badge Office
Foreign Nationals will receive assistance with badging from Immigration Services located on the second floor of the Otowi Building. Bring your documents.
Week 2 schedule
Mandatory - Attend General Employee Training (GET) (if applicable)
ES&H Training Center (GET Training): (505) 667-0059
35 Rover Blvd., White Rock, TA-00, Bldg. 1308
ES&H Training Center Location (pdf) (Look for the red star)
After you have your badge, report to work. Contact your manager if you have any questions.
- Re-verification of Work Authorization (I-9) (pdf)
- Complete the Initial Computer Security Briefing (course #9369). This course is required to obtain a CRYPTOCard, which enables you to use LANL computing resources.
- Your group administrator will request your CRYPTOCard and can check the status of your CRYPTOCard.
- When a CRYPTOCard is requested, there is an option to have the CRYPTOCard sent through interoffice mail or to have the CRYPTOCard picked up at the Integrated Computing Network (ICN) Accounts Office by a cleared co-worker. The ICN Accounts Office contacts the requester once the CRYPTOCard is ready.