Pre-Arrival for Foreign National Hires
- (505) 667-4451, Option 5
Information you should know prior to attending New Hire Orientation
Before attending New Hire Orientation, ensure you have reviewed, signed, and returned your Offer Letter to a Human Resources (HR) Division Representative.
Do NOT report to the New-Hire Orientation until you have scheduled a hire date with a Human Resources (HR) Division Representative.
New Hire Orientation
Check-In begins at 7:30 a.m. Otowi Building, 1654 Casa Grande Drive, Technical Area 3, Building 261, in the Main Gate Conference Room (F200W).
Orientation begins promptly at 8:00 a.m.
Entering LANL Property - Vehicle Access Portals (VAPS)
All vehicles entering LANL property are required to stop at the East and West Jemez Road Vehicle Access Portals (VAPs) for vehicle checks.
Drivers must show picture identification.
Openings, delays and closures, emergencies, etc.
In the event of a Laboratory delayed opening or closure due to inclement weather or unexpected Laboratory emergency, see inclement weather information (pdf).
Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9
Bring required documents (list of acceptable documents (pdf)) for your Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9.
List of acceptable documents (pdf) – Employees may present one selection from "List A" (no other document is needed), OR one selection from "List B" in combination with one selection from "List C."
- The required documents you present will be used to provide identity and work authorization for employment eligibility. Examples: J-1 Status DS-2019 Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor Status; F-1 Status I-20 Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant; and/or a current I-94 Form. The required documents you present will be used to provide identity and work authorization, for employment eligibility.
- Original documentation must be provided. Expired, laminated, electronic documents, and/or hospital birth certificates are NOT acceptable documents.
Foreign National employees must have an approved visit and present a valid passport and documentation supporting the visa status and work authorizations. Examples:
- J-1 Status DS-2019 Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor Status;
- F-1 Status I-20 Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant; and/or
- Current I-94 Form.
The required documents you present will be used to provide identity and work authorization, for employment eligibility.
Questions regarding badging call the Badge Office at 505-667-6901.
New Hire forms
Review and familiarize yourself with the New Hire forms. All forms will be available in your New Hire packet; employees will be briefed on how to complete each form during New Hire orientation.
Review your benefits options. You are highly encouraged to review your benefits options in advance.
Questions regarding benefits package, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Living in Los Alamos
Directions from Albuquerque, Santa Fe and Espanola, check maps.
- New Mexico Department of Transportation (NMDOT) Park and Ride – Albuquerque, Santa Fe, and Espanola, to Los Alamos
- Transportation within Los Alamos County
Do NOT park in two hour parking. Vehicles should be parked in the surface parking lot or the parking garage adjacent to the Otowi building.
LANL workers may NOT take photographs or videos on Laboratory property. Photography is prohibited unless performed in accordance with P217 Controlled Articles. Policy: P201-4
General Employee Training (GET)
GET is mandatory for all new hires. The scheduled date, time, and location for training will be located in your New Hire Orientation packet. Employees, who have already taken GET, do NOT need to attend.
Questions regarding GET training, call the White Rock Training Center at 667-0059.