Undergraduate Internship Grants
- Student Programs
- (505) 665-0987
Student internship programs
Staff and managers at Los Alamos National Laboratory recognize that to maintain and cultivate a well-educated workforce, the Lab must provide a quality learning environment for all students.
Our objective is to provide students with opportunities to explore a variety of career fields and work with professionals in those fields while using state-of-the-art equipment and instrumentation.
Internship programs strive to provide opportunities for meaningful work experiences while incorporating education and training activities. Special internship programs are available to help students interested in research internships at the Lab.
- Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internship (SULI): The SULI program is for undergraduate students pursuing degrees in science, engineering, mathematics or other technical fields. Participants are provided with a salary for 10-week internships during the summer. Application deadline is January 13, 2017.
- Community College Internships (CCI): The CCI program provides community college students enrolled in associate's degree programs with a salary for 10-week summer internships. Application deadline is January 13, 2017.
- Mickey Leland Energy Fellowship (MLEF): The MLEF is sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy's Office of Fossil Energy and is a 10-week summer internship program that provides opportunities to students who are pursuing degrees in science, technology (IT), engineering or mathematics (STEM majors). Application deadline is December 30, 2016.
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS): DHS sponsors a 10-week summer internship program for students majoring in homeland security-related science, technology, engineering and mathematics (HS-STEM) disciplines. Application deadline is December 7, 2016.
- Department of Energy (DOE) Scholars Program: Participants gain a competitive edge as they apply their education, talent and skills in a variety of scientific research settings with the DOE complex. It's a 10-week summer internship for undergraduate, graduate or post-graduate students. Application deadline is December 15, 2016.