The Lab provides a variety of focused educational programs aimed at the development and application of essential knowledge and skills in scientific fields key to our national security mission.
- Student Programs Team Leader
- Scott Robbins
- National Security Education Center
- (505) 665-3639
Los Alamos Educational Programs
Educational programs at Los Alamos combine significant hands-on group project experiences with more traditional classroom activities, like lectures and focused readings. In this manner, students not only build up their fundamental knowledge and skills foundations, they also have the chance to apply these skills to solve problems relevant to genuine national security concerns. Most programs are structured to fit within an 8 – 10 week timeframe during the summer, although occasional opportunities are created during the school year. The schedules, eligibility requirements and application processes vary from program to program. For more detailed information regarding 2017 Los Alamos educational programs, check the links below.
- Applied Research in Earth Sciences (ARiES) Geoscience Summer School
- Computational Physics Workshop
- Future Female Leaders In Engineering (FFLIE)
- Information Science and Technology Institute (ISTI)
- Los Alamos Dynamics Summer School (LADSS)
- Nuclear Forensics Undergraduate Summer School (NFUSS)
- Nonproliferation Summer School (pdf)
- Space Weather Summer School (SWX)