Explore the multiple dimensions of a career at Los Alamos Lab: work with the best minds on the planet in an inclusive environment that is rich in intellectual vitality and opportunities for growth.
- (505) 665-4444, opt. 1
Job application guidance
- Vacancy Name (IRC####)
- Cover letter (recommended)
- CV (if applicable)
- Transcripts (if applicable)
- Publication list (if applicable)
- What’s my username?
- Your username is the email address you used when creating your profile.
- I get an error message when I click on View EXTERNAL jobs.
- Try using a different web browser. If still encountering problems, clear your browser cache:
- Internet Explorer: Options > General tab > Delete Cookies
- Mozilla Firefox: Tools > Clear Recent History > ensure all boxes are checked.
- Safari: Safari > Empty Cache
- I get an error message when trying to upload documents.
- Be sure the document type is one of the following: .docx or .pdf. If this doesn’t resolve the issue, send an email with your attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the error message (string of numbers) in your email.
- The system froze/kicked me out when I submitted my application.
- Your application may not have been received. Clear your browser cache (see above), log into your account, review "Jobs Applied For" on the General tab. If your application does not appear, you must reapply. If you continue to encounter problems, contact email@example.com.
- I am having problems registering my account. Should I just use a different email address and re-register?
- Re-registering with a different email address can cause future issues with your account. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get assistance with registering. Be sure to include the email address you are using to register and any error messages you received.
- If I upload a resume, do I need to enter information on the resume builder?
- No, if you are uploading a resume it is not necessary to enter information on the resume builder.
- I already applied but would like to add a cover letter. How do I do this?
- You can add/delete documents at any time. Simply log into your account, select "My Account" on the blue toolbar, select "Add Another Document" or Delete. Note: Documents must be in .docx or .pdf format.
- Is a cover letter required to apply for a job?
- Including a cover letter with your resume is strongly recommended. Hiring managers use a matrix to score applicants on the required and desired skills of the job. Be sure to include specifically how you meet the qualifications of the position you are applying for so you have the best chance at receiving an interview.