Los Alamos National Laboratory in October 2011 completed the careful demolition of its former Administration Building. Demolition of the 316,500-square-foot building that was home to seven Laboratory directors was completed five months ahead of the original schedule and significantly under budget.

The structure—four stories plus a basement—opened in 1956 and closed in September 2008.

Norris Bradbury was the first Lab director to occupy the building. Bradbury followed J. Robert Oppenheimer, the Lab’s first director. Bradbury was director from 1945 to 1970.

<a href="http://www.lanl.gov/news/releases/lanl_completes_demolition_recycling_of_former_administration_building.html" rel="nofollow">www.lanl.gov/news/releases/lanl_completes_demolition_recy...</a>

More on Flickr